|Posted:||10 months ago|
- Commercial Manager, FMCG
- Pricing, NPD, Profitability
- South Sydney Location/ $150k + super + bonus
Commercial Manager required for a globally recognized FMCG brand. You will gain an in-depth understanding of their Australian brands and then work with the sales teams around effective pricing strategies. You will essentially support the commercial decision-making process on all investments; NPD, promotions and effective routes to market.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the commercial focus of the Australian business; in particular strategies around pricing and promotions
- Dealing with revenue related items on the P&L; ensuring sales data and insights are communicated effectively, providing analysis and recommendations
- Performing regular SWAT analysis on the business position; relating to market share, competitor analysis, opportunities and risks
- Assisting with new product development (NPD); financial modeling and analysis around ‘taking to market’ and expected rates of return
Experience required includes:
- Extensive commercial business partnering experience; working with sales and marketing teams
- Must have recent experience working for a FMCG or Retail organization regarding commercial in-puts like pricing, rebates, NPD, etc
- Must have a relevant finance and accountancy qualification; CA, CPA or CIMA
- Strong analytical skills; we are looking for a strategic thinker who can support their ideas with valuable analysis and insights
More widely we are looking for an individual who has a proven track record of driving profitability. To that end you must be an effective communicator in terms of presenting to leadership teams but also influencing senior stakeholders.
In return, my client is offering you the chance to manage one of their most successful business units in the global portfolio. They are highly profitable giving you a great base to further leverage their already successful position.