Permanent opportunity for an experienced Executive Assistant supporting the Dean at one of the leading Universities of Australia!
- Great CBD Location | Lively environment | Positive and warm culture
- Access to amenities -pool, squash courts, group classes, museums
- Access & discount to events around Melbourne | Employee wellbeing programs
This is a leading Australian university located in Melbourne. Providing administrative support the Dean as well as occasionally supporting the wider executive faculty members. This position will work in a friendly, and approachable team in a collaborative and fun work environment.
- Effective diary management for the Dean, including the coordination of appointments and meetings, room bookings and catering, demonstrating sound judgement on prioritisation. This will also involve the coordination and organisation of travel
- Ensure the Dean receives papers and supporting background documentation in an agreed and timely manner, and that the Dean is at all times, well prepared and briefed for meetings
- Monitor emails and screen phone calls behalf of the Dean
- Manage the flow of incoming and outgoing requests and correspondence ensuring that reports, business papers and correspondence are dealt with efficiently and promptly and matters requiring the personal attention of the Dean are prioritised and followed up
- Effectively anticipate work and the needs of the Faculty Dean, consistently presenting solutions to arising problems to ensure smooth daily operations
- Organise events and other functions as required including the booking of venues and catering, promotion and inviting of guests
- Processing expenses for Dean and other Faculty Executives
- Work collaboratively as a team member of the Science Secretariat and undertake other projects and tasks as required
- Coordinate and liaise with other Executive and Administrative Assistants within the Faculty to achieve common goals and facilitate information sharing
- Other duties as directed from time to time
- Ideally previous experience as an Executive Assistant, PA or Team Assistant
- Exceptional interpersonal skills - strong written and verbal communicator
- Excellent organisational skills including the ability to co-ordinate workflow, prioritise, meet deadlines, and effectively balance competing demands.
- Excellent written communication skills with demonstrated ability to prepare briefing notes, answer correspondence, prepare agendas and minutes and assist with the drafting of documents with a high degree of accuracy
- Must have minute taking experience
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic working environment
- Must take initiative and be proactive
- Extremely welcoming and inclusive culture
- Hybrid WFH and in office model (4 in office, 1 home)
- Access to facilities such as; pool, squash courts, group classes
- Access to Employee Assistance Programs
- Discounts and promotions to events around Melbourne
- Social events throughout the year + invitations to town hall events
- Market stalls every Wednesday
If this sounds like please APPLY today!
** Due to the high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted **
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contributions to the workplace.