|Salary:||$90k - $95k + super|
|Posted:||3 months ago|
- You will have the drive to learn, develop and grow
- You will have previous experience working on projects in the information management space
- Internal & external training is available and encouraged for the successful person
About the company:
You will be working for a Local Government authority situated just East of the CBD. You will be working for one of Melbourne’s largest municipalities. There is free parking available onsite and an accessible location with public transport close by.
This is a full-time position, working Monday – Friday. The council are currently working hybrid, which includes 3 days in the office and 2 from home. Initially this position is a 12-month fixed term contract but is likely to be extended beyond that with the potential to go permanent.
In this role you will be working in the information management team to drive projects forward. You will be responsible for effective project leadership and support throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring close engagement with business stakeholders to deliver quality outcomes.
Your key responsibilities:
- Coordinate the planning, management and delivery of Information Management projects as directed and approved.
- Support of Information Management systems, through prioritisation and execution of endorsed project works.
- Liaise with external vendors to maintain business support, problem solving, development and project management where relevant.
- Lead the planning, improvement, and delivery of Corporate Information operational processes and projects.
- Research, evaluate and provide feedback and recommendations on service delivery trends and patterns.
- Ensure that new processes and procedures are demonstrated and communicated to operational team members and where applicable, wider staff.
- Provide continuous improvement focussed specialist advice regarding system enhancements, configuration requirements and support issues aligned with business.
- Assist with the coordination of the Digital Information Management Strategy development preparation activities and implementation.
- Develop and/or maintain currency of the relevant procedural documentation related to the effective use of the Information Management Systems and relevant applications.
- Report on System and operational KPIs and make recommendations to act on those that are below expected service levels.
- Prepare reports, statistics and other information as required.
- Deliver training/helpdesk support to users.
- Other duties as required commensurate with this classification level and other duties that are reasonably directed.
You will have the following:
- Experience running and delivering Information Management Projects
- You will have a passion for data governance & a drive to grow this space
- The ability to build and maintain effective relationships including demonstrated experience and skills in liaison, negotiation and problem solving with staff at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate clearly with diverse stakeholders, ensure consistency and clarity of communication and the ability to gain cooperation from relevant stakeholders
- The ability to review existing processes and to continuously improve operational systems, work processes and practices in a collaborative and flexible manner.
- Experience in assisting policy or strategy development, with an understanding of legislative and regulatory frameworks that govern information management, security and privacy.
In return you will be rewarded with the opportunity to work for a progressive council who are growing. This role will allow you to grow your local government experience whilst working closely with the coordinator to grow and develop the information management team.
You will be given the opportunity to undertake internal and external training on a range of different topics.
You will also be given the opportunity to step up into leadership roles when other members of the team are away.
If you are interested in this role please APPLY today.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contributions to the workplace