Ministerial and Parliamentary Services Coordinator (Grade 8/9) - NSW Government
- $550 per day + super
- Immediate start - Initial 3 contract with view to extend
- Sydney Olympic Park location
- Full time, Monday to Friday
- Government experience essential
The Ministerial Services and Committees team operates in the Office of the Commissioner. You will be working in a small team offering a friendly and supportive working environment within this large Government organisation in the emergency services sector.
This position plays a pivotal role in the ensuring the success of the Ministerial Services and Committees team through the delivery of optimal Ministerial and Parliamentary services and resources.
- Coordinate and draft professional Ministerial and Parliamentary documents, including briefings, submissions, House Folder Notes, Budget Estimates Notes and Questions on Notice, ensuring information is accurate, relevant and delivered within critical deadlines
- Research and draft high-quality correspondence, advice and responses to ad hoc queries to meet the needs of the Minister, Commissioner, our agency partners, stakeholders and other relevant parties
- Maintain inboxes and correspondence databases to ensure items and requests are effectively registered, triaged, coordinated, tracked and responded to within set time frames
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with Ministerial staff, management, staff and volunteers, stakeholders and subject matter experts to achieve the best organisational and community outcomes
- In consultation with the Director and Manager, prepare documents to support the response to and report on the outcomes of inquiries, audits and government business cases
- Coordinate responses to eCabinet submissions and government reporting requirements (eg DaPCo)
- Ensure quality, accuracy, timeliness and version control in a fast-paced environment involving a significant workload and changing priorities and deadlines
- Maintain an awareness of government policies, priorities and events
Skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Strong communication abilities, with a particular emphasis on advanced writing skills
- Awareness of Parliamentary and Government processes
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Well organised and motivated team player
- Ability to work independently to contribute to the team's success
- Experience with TRIM/HPE, Coupa, SAP and Microsoft Office highly beneficial
- A genuine appreciation and understanding of a volunteer-based community service would be highly valued
If this sounds like you, apply now!
Applications closing soon.