|Salary:||$40-$45 per hour + super|
|Posted:||9 months ago|
- Experience working in the people and culture team
- Support activities taken by the organisation to comply with OH&S legislation
- Foster a culture that sustains enthusiasm and commitment to performance, continuous improvement, and innovation.
About the company
You will be awarded the opportunity to work for an organisation who are community proud and put empathises on empowering one another. They are one of the fastest growing municipalities and the largest.
This is initially a 6-month contract with the potential to be extended further. You will be working Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5.00pm. Initially working from home with the view to slowly return to the office.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Develop partnerships with portfolio business clients; and have an in-depth understanding of business objectives of client groups to deliver a tailored and reliable HR service aligned with divisional business plans.
- Provide these groups with tactical and operational HR consultancy, communicating HR initiatives, policies and procedures to employees and managers.
- Support and coach managers to ensure compliance with industrial obligations and government policy.
- Ensure key business learnings are captured so HR business policies, processes and practices are continually improved and effective.
- Facilitate staff onboarding and life cycle activities including job design, position
- Provide performance management support, guidance and coaching; supporting employees and managers to resolve employee disputes and workplace grievances through early resolution.
- Support the People and Culture team with planning, design and delivery of relevant projects and initiatives as required
You will have the following:
- A degree or diploma in Human Resource Management with some relevant work experience; or lesser qualifications in Human Resources with some relevant work experience
- Experience partnering with stakeholders and working collaboratively across a range of levels to achieve outcomes/ results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience interpreting relevant Awards and Industrial Instruments
- High level organisation and time management skills, including the ability to multitask, set
- priorities and meet deadlines in a high processing/ high volume work environment.
In return you will be rewarded with the opportunity to get your foot in the door to work for a Local Government. You will be working for an innovative and community focussed organisation.
If you are interested in this role please APPLY today.
If you have local government experience and this position is not right for you please still get in touch with me directly today as we have numerous other positions – firstname.lastname@example.org
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contributions to the workplace