Local Government authority based in the south-eastern suburbs | 12-month contract that could lead to ongoing work | Hybrid Work Model
- Effectively manage Council’s Work Cover claims and liaise with Council insurers
- Maintain the integrity of the claims, WorkCover and Return to Work systems and maintain confidentially
- You will have relevant experience in general claims management and processing.
About the company
You will be working for a local government authority based in the south-eastern suburbs.This full-time position to start ASAP. It is a 12-month contract that could lead to more permanent opportunities. The incumbent to the role is on secondment until the end of July 2023.
You will be joining a well tenured and supportive team. Reporting directly into the Coordinator of Risk, Health & Safety who you will be working collaboratively with. A hybrid, flexible work environment will be available to you.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Work Cover Claims Management
- Receive and process all Workcover claims in a timely manner in accordance with legislative requirements
- Ensure all claims are investigated and appropriate recommendations are made to the Manager People & Culture and Workcover Insurer regarding liability.
- Build relationships with stakeholders internally and externally.
- Attend and support conciliation hearings and other relevant forums
- Undertake consultation with all relevant parties to ensure the effective rehabilitation and return to work of employees
- Conduct workplace assessments as part of developing Return to Work strategies
- Ensure lost time, medical and like expenses are assessed and investigated.
- Receive and process accounts and invoices assess validity and monitor under-excess liability.
- Ensure all documentation is completed in accordance with Workplace Injury Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2013 (WIRC Act).
- Produce reports, statistics and data as required on injuries reported and numbers and costs of claims lodged for the period.
- Other adhoc duties as required.
You will have the following:
- End-to-end general claims management and processing experience
- Relevant experience in WorkCover claims and premium management is beneficial
- Ability to analyse and manage claims documentation and actions.
- Ability to undertake worksite assessments and prepare, implement, and manage Return to Work plans.
- Knowledge of and experience in attending conciliation and court hearings
- Knowledge and understanding of the WIRC Act and other relevant legislation.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement
- Knowledge and practical application of the risk management process in an OH&S context.
- Knowledge of and experience in workplace OH&S issues
- Demonstrated ability to undertake research and analysis and prepare reports and other documents.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications, specifically Microsoft Office software such as Work, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
In return you will be rewarded with the opportunity to get your foot in the door to work for a Local Government. You will be working for an innovative and community focussed organisation. Hybrid working model with flexible start times. Potential RDO’s.
If you are interested in this role please APPLY today.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills, and contributions to the workplace