|Location:||Melbourne CBD, Melbourne, Victoria|
|Posted:||18 days ago|
Job Profile Summary
This is an excellent opportunity to join a large US listed company and help drive the expansion plans. 15-month contract. $600 per day (Incl) CBD
A large, listed US organisation with huge expansion plans are looking for a technically strong Corporate Accountant to join the team.
This role will be responsible for provides financial and analytical support for assigned business unit(s). Also, to lead the process for the update and design of control standards.
- Executes all corporate accounting close activities for assigned functional areas. Prepares monthly general ledger account reconciliations and reviews, approves, and posts journal entries. Reviews team's work for accuracy and compliance.
- Responsible for processes around analysis of domestic and international business operations and obligations to ensure accurate recording of financial position. Assists in the preparation and communication of monthly financial results to management.
- Identifies issues independently. Leads efforts to research issues, develop recommendations, resolve complex issues, and implement changes.
- Designs, recommends, and implements internal control procedures that ensure proper recording and reporting of financial position and prevent significant errors in accounting records.
- Prepares and produces monthly reports and returns required by the senior management and regulators. Support external auditors during annual audit.
- Coaches and provides training to temporary administrators to ensure timely and accurate completion of tasks.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three years related business experience. Financial accounting or Audit experience preferred.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Finance or Accounting degree preferred.
- CA/CPA preferred.