|Location:||VIC - Melbourne|
|Posted:||7 months ago|
A global leading FS organisation with a recognisable brand is looking to disrupt the local market. They are looking for a hands on Chief Risk Officer to join their Melbourne officer. Reporting into the Global CRO and the Australian CEO this candidate will be responsible for leading all Risk management activities and be a member of the leadership board.
They are looking for a hands-on risk specialist, while maintaining a strategic view and direction, would also be happy to spend time on the ground performing analysis of a counter-parties and issuers, validating credit scorecards, helping with portfolio stress-testing, forecasting capital ratios etc.
- Design and improve Risk Management Framework.
- Drive a risk aware culture.
- Advise and Influence leadership and board members on risk strategy and appetite.
- Anticipate and respond to new Risk Management techniques and new local and global regulatory rules.
- Preparation of risk reports for the regulator and management information
- Broad experience in managing risk and compliance issues in a regulated environment
- knowledge of legislation and regulation relating to financial activities in Australia
- Technical background with a strong, independent mind-set ability to create and implement simple, elegant solutions within a short period of time
- Proven expertise in the retail credit risk domain, experience with setting up and managing respective first or second line of defence function