|Salary:||$100K - $140k including super|
|Posted:||about 2 months ago|
- Large multinational company
- CBD location
- Competitive salary and excellent perks
Your new role
As a Big Data Engineer you will be part of core big data technology and design team. Person would be entrusted to developed solutions/design ideas, identify design ideas to enable the software to meet the acceptance and success criteria. Work with architects/BA to build data component on the Big data environment.
As a key member of the technical team alongside Engineers, Data Scientists and Data Users, you will be expected to define and contribute at a high-level to many aspects of their collaborative Agile development process:
- Software design, development, automated testing of new and existing components in an Agile, DevOps and dynamic environment
- Promoting development standards, code reviews, mentoring, knowledge sharing
- Product and feature design, scrum story writing
- Work on Data Engineering pipelines
- Product support & troubleshooting
- Implement the tools and processes, handling performance, scale, availability, accuracy and monitoring
- Liaison with BAs to ensure that requirements are correctly interpreted and implemented. Liaison with Testers to ensure that they understand how requirements have been implemented - so that they can be effectively tested.
- Participation in regular planning and status meetings. Input to the development process - through the involvement in Sprint reviews and retrospectives. Input into system architecture and design.
- Peer code reviews.
- 3rd line support.
- Integrating with an established, complex project working to tight deadlines
- Responsible for implementing streaming data platform
What you'll need to succeed
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- Experience in Big data tools: Spark, Kafka
- Must have experience implementing and designed streaming platform Big Data
- Experienced in Python is must. Python development and design
- Experience with traditional databases such as Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server
- Strong understanding of core features of Python and when to use them
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment. Must be able to quickly understand technical and business requirements and can translate them into technical implementations
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies
- Experience with data ingestion and transformation
- Strong communication + someone who can articulate their solutions and drive a leadership approach across the development
Follow links to apply