|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||26 days ago|
- Sydney CBD and remote working split
Are you a Java /JEE Developer (API) who is interested in shaping and working in a true DevOps role? A rapid growing business is looking for someone who would like to own and take them to the next level.
About the role
Our client works with the mutual banking sector and well-known brands. Their objective is to recognises the correlation between payments, data, and digital banking experiences. As they continue to secure their growth in the fintech and corporate sector they are looking to add a DevOps Engineer with a background in Java and with an interest in operational work or someone who is already a DevOps Engineer to their team
Some key duties
- 24*7 management and operational support for the cloud based integration layer
- Escalation and management of any fraud incidents
- Triaging / break fix any problems and outages that are encountered at any given time of the day. These may include platform issues in any of the tech stack that this platform is built upon.
- Ensuring that the underlying technology stack (code and infrastructure) are kept up to date through routine scheduled maintenance
- Providing development and test support for the cloud platform upgrades and defect fixes
- Management and operational support of non-production environments to ensure that they remain in sync with production environments.
- Drive continuous process improvement.
What you will need
- Sound experience with operations, programming, and/or testing
- Excellent knowledge of:
- Java / JEE
- Automated Unit Testing and non functional testing frameworks
- Cloud Technologies
- ITIL Framework
- Proven experience in supporting critical 24*7 applications, including DR
- Advantageous if worked on a Fraud monitoring system (FEEDZAI)
- Experience within a Payments industry, cards and finance industry
- Experience most of the following technologies will be advantageous
- Spring Batch framework
- Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
- SQL technologies
- Understanding of cloud deployment with Docker and AWS
- Monitoring tools such as Splunk
- Familiar with AWS ecosystem such as S3, EC2, Lambda, SQS
- micro-service and message bus design considerations and patterns
- Source code management with a git (bitbucket)
- Experience in building a highly available and reliable server-side code
- BONUS :Experience with Atlassian suite of products. JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket and Bamboo
How to apply
To apply, please send an up-to-date CV asap, to firstname.lastname@example.org.