|Location:||VIC - Melbourne|
|Posted:||7 months ago|
- Based in Melbourne
- Top 50 ASX Listed business
- Sits within the Energy Sector
The main responsibilities for the role are to:-
- Prepare accurate cost estimates of new Domestic, I&C connections, new estates and mains extensions.
- Liaise with the appropriate Capacity Evaluation area to ensure new areas are adequately serviced for future growth.
- Maintain timely response for all enquiries.
- Provide technical advice on natural gas and the installation of natural gas services and meters to both internal and external customers.
- Maintain schedule of materials and contractor costs to ensure estimates produced are based upon current unit rates.
- Co-ordinate with relevant work areas for the procurement of costs associated with major works associated with I&C connections, new estates and mains extensions where applicable.
- Conduct the economic evaluation of new works by using the approved financial models and historical data.
- Request funding approval for new I&C connections, new estates and mains extensions.
- Liaison with internal and external customers, including attending site meetings, where required.
- Prepare alignment and construction issue plans.
- Process and respond to Planning and Subdivision referrals received via all media, including SPEAR (Streamlined Planning through Electronic Applications and Referrals).
The successful candidate must have:-
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must be able to use a personal computer and be competent in the Microsoft Office software package, specifically Outlook, Work, Excel and Access.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural, civil and mechanical construction drawings
- Knowledge in the use of Work Management Software applications.
- Self-starter who is able to work with a minimum of supervision, while working in a team environment.
- Ability to set objectives, prioritises work and meet deadlines for short and long term programs.
- Approachability to work under pressure when confronted with conflicting priorities.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a cost estimating, quantity surveying and/or cost planning function within the energy or utilities industries or alternative sector.
If you're an Estimator and fit the bill, then please apply now. Alternatively for more information you can call Rupinder on 02 9641 2443 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org