|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||about 2 months ago|
About the role
Due to continued growth, one of our clients is looking for an experienced Legal Secretary to provide float secretarial support on a part time permanent basis, working Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays only.
The float secretaries provide support to our busy and high performing lawyers and secretarial staff across a variety of practice areas to cover absences, provide extra assistance during busy periods and to perform other tasks throughout the business as requested. You will receive a comprehensive induction upon joining the firm and will learn about how each practice team operates by working alongside our knowledgeable Legal Secretaries so you can deliver high calibre support and develop strong relationships with your colleagues.
There is plenty of variety in this role with the key responsibilities and duties being:
- Co-ordinating meetings, events and travel arrangements;
- Liaising with clients at all levels;
- Drafting basic correspondence & preparation of legal documents;
- Edits and amendments including track changes/mark ups;
- Proof reading;
- Opening and closing of matters including file archiving;
- Credit card expenses;
- Time recording and monthly billing;
- Inputting and maintaining client data into our CRM software (InterAction);
- Printing, scanning and copying and;
- General administrative duties
Given the nature of the Float role, we are looking for someone who can maintain ownership of their role and be proactive in a dynamic environment where no two days are the same. You will need to be able to demonstrate initiative, a willingness to learn, and confidence and enthusiasm to work in a varied role across different areas of law.
In addition to this, ideally you will have:
- At least 4 years’ Legal Secretarial experience within private practice;
- Flexible approach to adapt to different working styles & stakeholders and to build rapport with staff;
- Strong attention to detail & a high level of professionalism;
- The ability to work autonomously and part of a team;
- Experience in a Litigation practice is essential;
- Experience with Aderant Expert is highly regarded and;
- Strong typing skills, resourceful & well organised, and able to work with new systems and processes.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, click APPLY now or contact Katie Stothard on (02) 9641 2469.