|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||8 months ago|
Our client a leading Government Department are looking for a Legal Security to join their team until the end of September. There may be potential for the role to be extended past this point.
The primary purpose of the role is providing administrative support to one of the units in the NSW governments legal team. The Legal Security will support a team of approximately 11 members, who will include Unit Managers, Solicitors and other staff within the office of the General Counsel.
- Provide administrative support to the legal team including answering phones, electronic filing, scanning, coping, arranging meetings, preparing routine correspondence, checking invoices, drafting letters and forms
- Maintain accurate records and file movements on the Legal Services Database and the RMS Records Systems
- Assist with preparation and processing of legal and court documents
- Respond to enquiries from barristers, private solicitors and various government agencies
- Manage administrative systems to ensure that records are properly categorised and easily accessible
- Assist with audit requirements by maintaining financial, purchasing and equipment records
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality and adhere to prescribed procedures regarding security or information and accurate records keeping of file movement
Skills & Experience:
- 2 years+ Secretary experience (not essential)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle high volumes of varied workload
To be successful in this role you must complete a police clearance check prior to starting.
This is a great opportunity for a secretary looking to gain experience within the government sector. If you think you have the skills and drive to really succeed in a role like this, please apply now.
Please send your CV in WORD Format.