|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||3 months ago|
I am recruiting for a Senior Liability Claims Advisor / Handler role on behalf of a top multi-national firm who are looking to strengthen their claims function and specifically within their Liability portfolio.
This company have a global footprint and reputable name across the Insurance market with a strong international presence they have been a clear leader in the industry for several years.
I am excited to be recruiting for this business, especially as they have been receiving many positive appraisals in the local press, consequence to their growth and continued success of late. Exciting M&A activity oozes from this outfit.
It’s refreshing to see this firm continue to build on their recent success and growth. Already a leading player in their field, it is great to see them attempt to go to their next strength. And no doubt strength after strength.
I will talk you through on the phone, in more detail, the reasons why this outfit are a leader in the insurance market.
In a modern market where People & Culture is at the forefront of many companies focus - in efforts to create a happier workplace and manage retention rates effectively. It is no surprise that this is also a priority for this company who are a big advocate of mindfulness in the workplace. And this certainly resonates across divisions, business lines and seniority.
The team have a compliment of fresh learning energy coupled with experienced local market experts. Fast paced with a contagious atmosphere you’ll know doubt settle into what is set out to be a soft landing.
This market leading company are looking for someone who will contribute to the overall Liability Claims objective to deliver excellent claims service and to enhance the business in its distinct positions.
The successful candidate will be someone who has technical claims knowledge and specifically experience in Liability Claims – this would certainly help you differentiate against more GI focused applicants who at this stage will be considered secondary to those with product knowledge.
Ultimately, as a Senior Claims Advisor you are responsible for providing timely and cost-effective management of a portfolio of Liability Claims ensuring adherence to SLAs. A handful of the main duties/requirements would be;
- Manage a portfolio of Personal Injury Liability Claims.
- Direct solicitors/counsel in case management.
- Conduct file reviews ensuring compliance with guidelines, procedures and reserving philosophy.
- Participate in meetings with underwriters, market facing teams and team managers as well as; externally in conferences, views and courts.
- Participate in monthly meetings and the ability to engage and actively implement continuous improvement strategies for the benefit of the team.
- Delegate tasks to the claims control officer.
- Thorough understanding of the relevant State based legislation and associated guidelines.
- Thorough understanding of the Insurance Code of Practice, Insurance Contracts Act and relevant Privacy Act.
- POLISY and PC Literate.
- Superior technical claims knowledge and the ability to manage technically complex claims autonomously.
- Ideally someone with circa 4 years' experience.
In short, the focus of the role is to contribute to the claims objective whilst delivering excellent claims service to clients. Simultaneously ensuring timely & cost-effective management of a Liability Claims portfolio.
Let’s talk in more detail on the phone – in the meantime please forward your interests/application to 02 9641 2479 - firstname.lastname@example.org