|Posted:||about 1 month ago|
Purpose of Position
Manage a portfolio of property claims to conclusion, ensuring compliance with service level agreements and meeting key performance indicators
- Maintaining expected case load of property claims
- Examining claims forms, policies and endorsements, client instructions and other records to determine coverage
- Investigating claims by conducting office based analysis of physical damage details, interviewing claimants, and comparing claim information with evidence.
- Providing support and advice to policy holders with respect to their claims
- Setting loss reserves
- Preparing first reports by collecting and summarising information required
- Where possible settling claims after determining liability, client’s instructions, and authority levels
- Controlling claim costs
- Type client reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Adhere to insurer client Service Level Agreements and processes.
- Update Claims Management System as required
- Effectively deal with service/product replacement providers
- Comply with and maintain Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators
- Maintaining company reputation and insurance product integrity by complying with federal and state regulations and service standards
- Process daily outgoing mail in a timely manner
- Archive files and retrieve archived files on request
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge through continuing education
- Providing assistance to other offices in the event of a Catastrophe, as required
- Customer Focus: Focus on understanding and meeting the customer's needs. Involves actively seeking information to understand internal and external customers’ circumstances, problems, expectations, and needs
- Organisational/Time Management: Effectively prioritises work and meets deadlines. Involves allocating time and resources efficiently and effectively; managing multiple assignments or tasks effectively.
- Quality: Consistently produces high quality work. Involves professional presentation of documents, with high level of accuracy.
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills: Communicates clearly and professionally with both internal and external clients. Involves conveying information, both written and verbal, in a clear and concise manner.
- Responsiveness: Responds to requests for information, emails and returns telephone calls promptly and professionally
- Adaptability: Demonstrates tolerance for uncertainty; responds to changing circumstances by being innovative and altering behaviour to better fit different situations; learn new skills, perform work in different ways; willing to be flexible.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others and build effective working relationships to accomplish common team goals and objectives. Involves understanding team dynamics, fostering collaboration, providing a tangible contribution and listening and responding to the input of others in a manner that creates an environment of mutual trust and respect. Willingness to transfer knowledge and skills as appropriate
- Branch Manager
- Service providers
- Experience in management of General Insurance Claims
- Insurance Contracts Act/FSRA legislation awareness
- Stable work history
- Excellent English
- High Typing speed
Personal Attributes Required
- Team Player
- Work without supervision
- Client service focus
Technical Skills Required
- Computer literate
- High level literacy and adequate numeracy skills
- Word Processing
Certificate IV in Loss Adjusting or General Insurance related desirable
For further information: Please contact Daniel Elliott on firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on: 02 9641 2479