|Location:||VIC - Melbourne|
|Posted:||8 months ago|
- Immediate start - 3 month contract in Local Council - working from home
- Ensure brand reputation is strong & consistent
- Ability to proofread, edit, write copy & take initiative
An exciting opportunity to work for a forward thinking, multifaceted & fast paced local government in a supportive environment based in the inner city suburbs. The purpose of this role will be to support the promotion of various Council departments and activities in order to grow audiences & develop business support.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting to write and develop internal and external communication material as required (digital & print)
- Working with communications team ensuring best practice and adherence to brand strategy
- Writing Council's publications including weekly newsletter
- Contributing to new ideas to be implemented across Communications to increase engagement
- Uploading communications onto the website and digital platforms
- Promoting the use of social media platforms across Council
To be successful in this role;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience proofreading and editing
- Previous local government experience would be advantageous
- Tertiary qualification in public relations, journalism or communications
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- An up to date Police check will be required by the successful applicant
A truly collaborative and hardworking team, this Council prides itself on its innovation & creativity. Having pride in making a difference to the community by growing audience engagement.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contributions to the workplace.
APPLY now if you are interested. For further information, please contact Sinead on firstname.lastname@example.org