|Location:||VIC - Melbourne|
|Posted:||26 days ago|
An exciting opportunity to work for a multifaceted, fast paced local government in a supportive environment based in the inner city suburbs. The role will report to the Unit Manager of Communications and will engage with stakeholders across the business to write news stories in order to promote Council & enhance its reputation.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Managing Council's media relations which includes preparing for potential issues
- Engaging with CEO & the Mayor in order to gain insight and develop speeches and/or responses
- Establishing and developing the council's media and issues management policy
- Developing strategic communication plans in order to promote Council across the community to all stakeholders
- Planning media campaigns to support strategic objectives
The successful candidate will:
- Have demonstrated experience in media & communications
- Have either journalism, newspaper or local government experience would be advantageous
- Be experienced in implementing media and communication strategies
- Tertiary qualification in public relations, journalism or communications
- Have strong attention to detail as well as the ability to manage competing priorities
Join this hardworking and collaborative team. This Local Council prides itself on its flexible working and connection with it's stakeholders across the community.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contributions to the workplace.
Please apply now if you are immediately available and interested please APPLY now. For further information please contact Sinead on firstname.lastname@example.org