|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||2 months ago|
Working with a highly regarded Partner in the space, I currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Associate/Special Counsel to join a growing Sydney Workplace Relations, Employment & Safety department on a full or part-time basis (4 days per week).
What does the role involve?
You will be working on both advice, transactional and litigation matters across the scope of employment and safety matters. The work is complex and challenging, and you will often be required to turn around tasks quickly. However, you will also be well supported and given opportunities to grow and further develop your skills.
The team successfully represents a strong client base, acting in high profile and quality matters across the public and private sectors. You will have opportunities to work in a team as well as working on matters autonomously. No two days will be the same – one day you could be advising on employment issues arising from a complex corporate transaction and the next, on a client's site assisting with a workplace health and safety investigation.
The Partner of the team has been recognised as an excellent mentor and a champion for developing junior lawyers and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality, this client promotes equal opportunities for women and men to progress in their careers.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Minimum of seven years post-admission experience from a recognised firm;
- Technical abilities and be commercially minded;
- A strong academic background and record of achievement;
- A high level of client service is expected as are excellent organisation, written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated a capability to work autonomously, as well as in a team;
- A high degree of initiative, dedication and organisational ability with a strong client and commercial focus.
- Structured mentoring program
- Professional development programs
- Strategic planning program for business development
- Momentum Program for women and men who are taking a period of parental leave and wish to stay on career track
- 14 weeks paid parental leave regardless of gender
- Flexible working options
- Salary continuance insurance
How to apply
Apply now by sending your CV or should you like to discuss this role in more detail, please get in touch with Alex Forsberg on 0296 415 135 or firstname.lastname@example.org