Specialist legal firm based in the CBD with operations across Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. This company takes their culture seriously and see themselves as an energetic, progressive working environment where people matter.
Have established themselves as a leading law firm within Banking, financial services companies including insurance and the federal Government.
About the role:
The Accounts department is an essential part of the firm. The team manage all aspects of the financial running of the business in conjunction with the financial aspects of matter maintenance. They provide information and support to all levels of the firm.
Duties for the position will include:
• Processing of deposits and charges to the firm’s bank accounts
• Preparing daily bank reconciliations
• Preparing cash books
• Responding to queries from staff, partners and creditors
• Preparing adhoc reports as required by the Finance Manager
• Providing copies of information as requested by clients
• Accounts Receivable / Debt collection , providing the relevant reminders as appropriate including written and verbal communication with clients
• Liaising with partners
• Issuing debtors reports
• Issuing client reports
• Regular debtors meetings with the Finance Manager and CEO
• Other duties as delegated
- At least 5 years in a similar type role
- Tertiary qualification
- Intermediate – advanced MS Excel skills
- Balance sheet reconciliations including accurate accrual accounting
- Financial reporting skills (income statement compilation/analysis/review)