- Assist with the day to day running of the fleet service department, provide support to the Procurement & contracts Department
- Fast paced environment, you will be responsible for managing the Council’s vehicle fleet and associated activities
- Initial one month contract, located close to public transport
About the company:
You will be working for a Local Government authority based in the Bayside suburb, you will be responsible for managing Council’s vehicle fleet and provide support to the Procurement and Contracts Department, ideally you will have previous expereince in modern sustainable fleet and NetZero.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Manage vehicle fleet including passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, coaster buses, plant, and trailers consistent with the approved Motor Vehicle Policy and other regulatory requirements.
- Liaise with all areas of the business to ensure the fleet requirements of the organisation are met in line with factors such as NetZero goals and operational requirements.
- Report on targets relating to emissions and sustainability goals.
- Manage the contracts engaged to provide fleet services
- Administer fleet leasing and purchasing arrangements
- Administer the provision of fuel cards for all vehicles and e-tags for specified vehicles
- Review and reconcile monthly toll invoices
- Receive and dispose of leased and purchased vehicles
- Manage motor vehicle claims.
- You will have the following:
- Demonstrated experience in previous fleet leasing roles
- Previous Local Government experience highly regarded
- Intermediate knowledge of road safety laws
- A valid Australian driving license
- Excellent written and analytical ability, in particular accurate spelling, alpha-numeric data entry and qualifying data
- Work effectively and autonomously to specific deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Exceptional time management, high level interpersonal skills and professional discretion is essential
- Grow your Local Government knowledge and understanding.
- Work with a Community based organisation and help drive and deliver change.
- Immediate start opportunities.
Please note you will need to obtain a police check before commencing this role.
If you are interested in this role, please APPLY today or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this position is not correct for you but you have experience working in Local Government please still do get in touch, we have numerous positions within council.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contributions to the workplace.