- ASAP start with salary of $142,000+ super
- Hybrid opportunity to join a local council, tasked with replacing core applications across a number of streams
- Off the shelf application replacement, very high level of vendor management and stake holder engagement
- Deliver on IT roadmap with local government procurement experience a big bonus
- Future projects including hardware and software in the pipeline already
About the Company
A local Council who are a leader in sustainability, with a community that is dedicated to its constituents and to achieve positive outcomes for all. With a healthy and caring community, the support across the environment and ensure an excellent place to live.
About the Role
This position is responsible for initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing ICT projects as assigned by the Unit Manager IT Projects. This position ensures projects are executed in alignment with various frameworks, policies and procedures including the IT Strategy and Roadmap, Project Management Framework, Procurement Policy and the Records and Information Management Policy.
- Align project communication and reporting with strategic business initiatives.
- Manage projects in accordance with Council’s Project Management Framework.
- Negotiate with vendors to ensure project deliverables are completed, ensuring procurement activities are in accordance with Council’s Procurement Policy.
- Allocate work across project stakeholders as agreed with the Unit Manager IT Projects.
- Communicate appropriate acceptance criteria for each project and associated deliverables.
- Manage the production of deliverables to agreed scope, cost, time, and quality.
- Manage project spend to budget and validate financial forecasts throughout the project lifecycle.
- Lead and establish effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert when briefing stakeholders on assigned initiatives.
- Provide regular, timely reporting using an agreed format to relevant stakeholders and ensure that relevant advice and direction is provided to assist making informed decisions.
Skills & Experience
- Degree in Information Technology, Business Systems or equivalent.
- Certification in a project management discipline such as PRINCE2 or similar.
- Proven experience effectively managing issues within a highly political and complex environment.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects and key inter-dependencies and knowledge of relevant project methodologies and tools.
- Strong commitment to and capacity for teamwork, collaboration, and networking.
- Well-developed verbal and written skills with the ability to build effective and trusting relationships with people internally and externally.
- High-level decision-making ability to analyse information and data in order to formulate solutions to problems.
- Local Government Procurement experience would be a big advantage
- A collaborative working culture with multiple levels of support
- Dedicated teams working together in a diverse and driven way
- Working across multiple project streams
- Hybrid working
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact Phillip on 0413 398 124 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
Please note that applicants will be required to show evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination status, undergo a National Police check