Legal Support Officer (Level 2) - Contract position
- $40 per hour + super
- Immediate start, initial 6 month contract with view to extend
- Newcastle CBD Location
- 3 x positions available
- Full time is preferred, the potential for part time flexibility
About the Company
This large organisation within the legal sector are seeking 3 x experienced Legal Support Officers for a temporary contract. Great company culture in a friendly and supportive team.
This is an administrative role which involves providing high quality legal support in the delivery of an effective and efficient prosecution service. The successful candidate will need to be able to prioritise workload effectively. this is a contract role, you will need to be highly organised, a self-starter and have the confidence to work independently. There is also the potential to apply for the permanent positions in the future.
Previous experience in a similar position is highly beneficial.
Duties within the role will include but not limited to:
- Provide high quality legal support to staff, prosecutors and other counsel
- Register and update matters; maintain files, briefs, file notes and records of proceedings; organise of court lists witnesses, exhibits, meetings, diaries and conferences
- Liaise with external stakeholders including police, legal practitioners, witnesses and court registry staff to obtain and provide all necessary information and assistance
- Provide general legal support including drafting correspondence, photocopying, records and supply management, reception work, mail delivery and photocopying
- Ad-hoc administrative tasks
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in the delivery of clerical support services including advanced word processing and data entry skills.
- Effective interpersonal, communication skills and organisational skills
- High level of attention to detail
- High level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Legal or Government experience is preferred but not essential
- Open to law students with previous administration experience
For further information or interest in the role, please email a copy of your updated resume to Brooke Dover at firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS CLOSING SOON