- Hybrid working environment
- Supportive & collaborative team who look to promote from within
- You will have experience in OHS/Public Health advisory role
About the company:
You will be working for a Local Government authority based in the inner western suburbs. This is a great opportunity to develop your career and get experience working for a Local Government.
You will be working apart of a collaborative and dynamic team who look to support and develop one another.
This council are working in hybrid model, and so there will involve some working from home in addition to the office. Travel into the office will be required.
This is a full-time opportunity, working Monday – Friday. The contract is initially for 3 months but it could lead to longer term opportunities. We have been working with this council for several years and the temporary staff members we have recently placed into their team has been taken on permanently.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Support leaders and employees to ensure COVID safe outcomes.
- Interpret and apply public health advice and directions so that timely, practical and pragmatic COVID advice is provided.
- Facilitate/participate in the management of any COVID cases that impact the workplace, including but not limited to notifications to statutory bodies, completion of documentation and contact tracing.
- Maintain accurate records, collate, and analyse data, and produce reports.
- Participate in COVID incident investigations, including the development and implementation of controls and the sharing of lessons learned.
- Facilitate/support COVID hazard identification and risk assessment processes and assist in the development of localised safe systems of work.
- Conduct internal audits, inspections, and observations to verify the implementation of COVID safe practices.
- Other occupational health and safety duties as required and/or directed.
You will have the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in OHS or a Public Health discipline with experience providing specialist OHS advice and support.
- Three plus years of experience in OHS/Public Health advisory role with appropriate supporting qualifications.
- Demonstrated ability to provide practical, fit for purpose health and safety solutions, whilst ensuring that legislative and business requirements are not compromised.
- High attention to detail with the ability to adapt to an ever changing environment.
- Strong collaboration skills, with a proven ability to form trusted relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and reviewing risk assessments, designing safe systems of work and coaching stakeholders.
In return you will be rewarded with the opportunity to broaden your local government knowledge and work for a council who puts importance on staff development. They embrace flexibility and a diverse work force. Potential RDO’s.
If you are interested in this role please APPLY today.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contributions to the workplace