Opportunity for an experienced Procurement Officer to join a Local Government authority | Immediate start, 5 week contract
- Local Government authority located in the south east
- Provide end to end procurement support, Previous experience managing tender systems essential
- Previous Local Government experience within procurement preferred
As the procurement officer you will be responsible for supporting, administering, and maintaining a comprehensive contract, tender and procurement service to all stakeholders across a range of business units within Local Council.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the development of key documents, reviewing, and providing feedback. Documents include but not limited to, procurement plans, value risk assessment, tender documents, analysis and recommendation reports and contracts
- Developing and maintaining productive and effective stakeholder relationships to ensure the successful and compliant implementation of programs and processes
- Working closely with business units to ensure that all procurement and contract activity complies with relevant policies, legislation and staff are aware of contract requirements including but not limited to, probity, due diligence and risk management
- Supporting staff with training and capacity building around procurement and contract management
The successful candidate will:
- Previous Local Government experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience in preparing documents including procurement plans, Request for Tender’s (RFT), Request for Quotes (RFQ), Variations and Contracts with commercial knowledge
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, influencing and networking skills to build and maintain relationships and provide appropriate coaching and support when required
- Ability to work autonomously to manage competing tasks and priorities effectively
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, especially with regards to probity, process compliance and contracts
- High level of organisation skills and ability to prioritise
Culture & Benefits
The culture of this community based organisation prides itself on being honest and hardworking where each employee plays an integral part. Be part of a passionate and supportive team whilst maintaining a good work life balance.
How to Apply
If you are immediately available and interested please APPLY now.
Please note you must obtain a police check before commencing in this role.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contributions to the workplace.