|3 months ago
Senior Commercialisation Manager – Life Sciences
- Leading Australian Institute with an exceptional reputation nationally and internationally
- Be a part of a forward thinking, market leading Commercialisation and Tech Transfer team
- Join an environment that prioritises growth and development
About the Institute
An opportunity has arisen to join an exceptional Institute within their Commercialisation and Tech Transfer division. This particular Institute has always seen the value in commercialisation and has spent many years focusing on growing, developing and upskilling this division. The executed efforts that have driven the Commercialisation team to its current stature are evident, and it is now acknowledged as a leader in the field.
Every day, this institute demonstrates its values, it’s inclusivity and takes pride in its commitment to development and elevation of each individual.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an incredibly high performing Commercialisation and Tech Transfer division.
The Senior Manager for Commercialisation in Life Sciences will engage in collaborative efforts within the institute's commercialisation network and with external partners.
The role involves identifying, implementing, and overseeing the commercialisation process for the Institute’s inventions. This encompasses evaluating opportunities, devising strategies, identifying potential partnerships, and securing commercial deals, including licensing, and establishing new ventures through investment.
The position involves collaboration with other internal divisions including Business Development, Enterprise functions, Intellectual Property and New Ventures teams to build opportunities, conduct best practice in strategies and create and manage partnerships and investable opportunities arising from the Institutes IP.
This position will work on translating opportunities from across the medical, health, life science, and pharmacy disciplines, building strong connections with faculties, institutes, and specialised groups.
If you are seeking a fast paced, broad, hands-on role within commercialisation whilst managing and developing a small team, then this is the perfect opportunity.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Commercialisation of technology and research including licencing deals and forming spin outs
- Lead and oversee negotiations involving commercial terms and legal agreements for the advancement of early-stage opportunities.
- Have a solid scientific background in a Life Sciences field and have proven track record in working with researchers in this field.
- Have excellent written and verbal skills and is capable of building strong networks and relationships both internally and externally,
- Have experience managing a team of Commercialisation professionals with varying levels of experience. The ideal person would have extensive experience in developing a team.
- 17% superannuation
- Salary packaging (including the institutes childcare fees, laptops, gym memberships)
- Staff discounts and novated car leasing
- Staff development and learning
- Various parental leave options and policies to promote flexibility
Enquiries and Applications
Please contact Charlie Collin at Robertson Search on +61 474 774 729 or send your CV to Charlie@Robertsonsearch.com.au