|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||about 2 months ago|
My client is a leading, ASX listed logistics organisation based in Inner-South Sydney.
They are on hiring a Commercial Analyst.
About the Role
The Procurement Analyst is the key procurement role responsible and accountable for providing insight and key operational processes and platforms to support the wider Group Procurement team in the identification and execution of sustainable procurement strategies, exceeding Group Procurement benefit targets and in delivering commercial value across the business.
- Responsible and accountable for the development of a Category spend and compliance reporting solution. This solution should make available summary reports for ELT and CLT and detailed reports for Finance and all cost centres.
- Working across existing commercial and finance systems (including Baseplan and ProMaster platforms) to effectively extract and utilise supply and product data to proactively support the Procurement Team develop category strategies, plans and forecasts through dynamic analysis of cost structures, buyer behaviour, supplier performance and value engineering opportunities.
- Lead a program to critically assess, negotiate and recommend a high quality, cost effective and efficient Procurement Spend Analytics platform for the business based on accuracy, visibility and effective insight.
- Take ownership for the continued management and development of the Group Procurement benefits reporting platform, the “Value Tracker” and to build on its functionality and reporting as appropriate.
- To lead the development and ongoing management of key procurement platforms including an effective contract management library.
- Procurement Workflows, Business Unit reporting, supplier performance reporting and the implementation of a new functional “dashboard” for Spend and Compliance reporting.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Undertake any additional duties that are within your skill set and safe.
The Ideal candidate
- Analytical/Commercial Support experience
- Ability to develop solutions
- Commercial focus and ability to present intelligence, opportunities and actions effectively
- Change Management experience
- Proven track record of delivery, problem solving and innovative solutions
- Finance, Economics or Accounting Degree – essential
- Procurement body membership (i.e CIPSA) – desirable
- Finance body membership (i.e. CPA) – desirable
- Large ERP system use –previous use of SAP or Oracle highly desired
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel and Access
- Data platform and SQL
For a confidential chat please contact Elliott Hunter at firstname.lastname@example.org