|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||7 months ago|
About the role
Reporting to Partner, the Construction Associate can expect exposure from the start. This opportunity will see you working with a leading Partner and team of lawyers regarding a mix of front and back-end construction work. The team boasts a diverse practice with top tier developer and major contractor clients in the residential, industrial, retail, engineering, manufacturing and infrastructure sectors.
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Breach of contract
- Building defect claims
- Contract advisory services including preparation of contracts
- Construction disputes
- Home owners' warranty insurance claims
- Managing contractor agreements
- Mediation and settlement negotiations
- Payment disputes
- Professional negligence claims (against construction and building professionals, engineers, certifiers, surveyors, architects, project managers and sub-contractors among others)
- Security of payment claims
- Practising lawyer with at least two years PQE in a projects or construction practice (commercial litigation experience will also be considered);
- Excellent communication skills and legal drafting skill;
- Verbal reasoning skills - ability to interpret the precise meaning of written documents such as contracts, legislation, case decisions;
- A professional approach and excellent communication skills, with a client service focus;
- Resilience, personal drive and motivation.
- Here lies a fantastic opportunity for a legal professional seeking to take the next step in their career, in a fun and fast-paced environment.
How to apply
Apply now by sending your CV or should you like to discuss this role in more detail, please get in touch with Alex Forsberg on 0296 415 135 or firstname.lastname@example.org