|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||8 months ago|
Exciting opportunity for a senior back-end projects/ construction lawyer to join a leading international construction company. Competitive salary and exceptional benefits package available.
Here at Charterhouse, we’re working closely with a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group. They consistently deliver important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning significant and diverse work opportunities are apparent.
Working closely with the business, the primary responsibility of this role is to provide legal advice in respect of disputes and other general corporate matters.
- Advice and assistance in conducting claims or defence of claims
- Analyse contractual insurance and other relevant legal rights and obligations
- Review documentary evidence and interview witnesses, where necessary taking statements
- Attending negotiation meetings and other forums for resolving disputes
- Drafting submissions and settlement agreements to expert determiner/arbitrator
- Instructing external solicitors and counsel
- Drafting or reviewing drafts or amending various other types of contracts (services contracts, leases, licences, joint venture agreements, alliance contracts, confidentiality agreements, probity and process deeds, disclosure agreements, teaming agreements).
- Mentor junior members of the legal team
Skills and Experience
- To be successful in this role the candidate will have the following skills, experience and demonstrate the below competencies:
- Practicing lawyer with at least 8+ years' experience
- Construction industry legal and contractual experience
- Verbal reasoning skills, ability to interpret the precise meaning of written documents such as contracts, legislation, case decisions
- Knowledge of construction industry practices, including procurement methodology, risk profile norms, standard form contract provisions
- Ability to draft contracts, notices, pleadings, submissions, statements, affidavits, correspondence
- Ability to identify risks presented by project contracts and propose practical solutions to managing or mitigating the risks
- Experience of conducting or managing construction disputes subject to litigation, arbitration, adjudication, etc. from the outset to conclusion
How to apply
Apply now by sending your CV or should you like to discuss this role in more detail, please get in touch with Alex Forsberg on 0296 415 135 or email@example.com