|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Salary:||$200k + super|
|Posted:||20 days ago|
An opportunity that only comes up once every 5 years has just opened with one of my best clients, to lead their entire engineering and testing function as they go into a phase of hyper modernisation across an already high performing stack. Leading a talented group of managers with an overall team of 70+ engineers and testers, with an eye for growth as they ramp up into 2021 and beyond.
You will be given the freedom and ability to determine technical direction for the entire unit, with a real emphasis on modernisation, automation and transformation across the entire stack. You’ll inherit a talented, dedicated and skilled team who are passionate about high performing products and clean, well-tested code, and with a strong market rate salary on offer, this is an opportunity that won’t last long.
Given the size and scope of the role, prior experience as an engineering manager, head of engineering/development, or even a more hands on CTO would be ideal.
The Ideal Candidate Has:
- 10 years’ experience working in software engineering and testing
- At least 4-5 years as an engineering manager, head of engineering, or CTO
- A strong, current understanding of modern engineering and testing principles
- A drive and passion for automation, transformation and technology
- Some experience in fintech, payments or banking
- The ability to still get involved with code reviews and architecture when needed.
- A growth mindset and the ability to build a team as they scale and grow
The process is relatively simple as my client understands that roles like these aren’t about nit-picking, interrogation and asking overly technical or irrelevant questions, believing that senior management roles are best decided on through deep conversation, two way discussion and are based on value add for both parties.
If you’re interested in learning more about this role, applying or even just having a discussion about potential opportunities at this level, apply here, or send me (Tom) an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule time for a call.