|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||about 1 month ago|
About our client
- $150 million dollar business.
- Historically recognised as a member of the world's sporting governing body.
- Not for profit organisation.
- Responsible for managing and developing sporting teams, nationally.
Purpose of the role
- Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for the management and leadership of the in-house Legal & Integrity team, ensuring appropriate and effective counsel on all legal matters.
- Provide leadership by example and play a key role in providing guidance and mentoring
- Act as Company Secretary and provide secretarial duties to the organisation.
- Foster a working environment that inspires the team to succeed.
Responsibilities will include:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of corporate matters and commercial agreements and contracts.
- Manage the project load, priorities and development of two senior lawyers in the Commercial and Integrity streams respectively, together with indirect management of junior lawyers and project managers.
- Developing internal legal processes to assist operations and the growth of the company.
- Advising on various areas of law including, but not exclusive to:
- Minimum of 7 Yrs. PQE (both major law firm and senior in-house experience preferred, not a prerequisite.
- A confident professional with gravitas, able to deal assertively, with a board of directors.
- Ability to build successful partnerships and maintain and improve relationships
- Ability to understand the broader organizational and systemic issues affecting the sport.
- Analyse and interpret information as appropriate, disseminate effectively with ability to transfer knowledge to staff.
- Self-starter with proactive attitude.
- Significant experience in professional sport, media or relevant industry.
- Proven ability to manage teams of lawyers.
- Experience with disciplined budget management.
- A collegiate, high performing but relaxed working environment.
- Regular after-hours activities.
- Interstate & international travel.
- Market leading salary.
- Season tickets to national/ international sporting events.
- Free travel (Interstate & internationally).
- Here lies a fantastic opportunity for a driven legal professional to join a dynamic organisation that offers a unique platform to succeed.
How to apply
Apply now by sending your CV or should you like to discuss this role in more detail, please get in touch with Alex Forsberg on 0296 415 135 or firstname.lastname@example.org