|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||22 days ago|
We are recruiting a head of finance as part of a rapid expansion program for an established SME organisation. Your role will be two-fold; 1) assess the current state of play in terms of what works and what does not with regards to best practice; 2) implement a phase of change to in essence ‘future proof’ the organisation for the next chapter.
Day to day you will be managing an existing team and directly responsible for ensuring all the ledgers balance. Attention required around the cash-flow and basic bookkeeping around debits and credits. But most of your time will be spent working with the CEO and operational leads around business performance and planning.
Responsibilities for the role will include:
- Managing an existing finance team with respect to invoicing and general ledger control
- Managing an existing project portfolio with respect to ‘cost-to-complete’ and ensuring they remain on track and on budget
- Managing the cash-flow playing close attention to all working capital and liaising with your peer level management team
- Act as the POC centrally for all technical accounting issues including of course tax
Requirements for the role will include:
- CA/CPA qualified accountant. You will have a strong track record of achievement and able to demonstrate the aptitude to step-up further
- Experience of the construction sector essential, you will need a track record of managing project builds
- Experience of working in a medium sized business. We are looking for someone who understands the nuances of an SME and has ideally been part
- of a growth transition
- Able to effectively manage stakeholders. You will be working with strong personalities, so you will need to be both strong but diplomatic at the same time
We are seeking an individual who can drive change. This role will be ensuring all their systems and support functions are ready for the next steps in their growth. You will have the full support of the owner and of course the existing team in place.
My client is a strong brand in the construction industry and has a strong pipeline of work coming through. To a person they have years of experience within their chosen disciplines as a leadership team and as well as add a lot of value you will learn a lot.
If you are interested in this position and feel you meet the criteria, then please send your CV to email@example.com or click on the link attached to this advert.