|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Salary:||Up to $600 a day + super|
|Posted:||11 months ago|
- Sydney CBD
- 12 – month initial contract
- Up to $600 a day + super (7hr a day)
NSW Government Agency is looking for a Principal Lawyer with strong Workers Compensation Experience to join them in the CBD of Sydney. You will assess, review and manage applications for grants of funding for legal assistance with worker’ compensation claims.
About the role:
- Review applications for grants of funding from approved legal service providers (external lawyers) representing injured workers who have a workers’ compensation issue
- Provide timely and efficient processing of the applications for grants of funding
- Provide quality assessments of workers compensation issues
- Make policy-based decisions in relation to the granting of funding to approved legal service providers and the level of funding
- Maintain expertise in NSW Workers Compensation law and procedure, awareness of early dispute resolution procedure and all dispute resolution pathways.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of sound policy to support organizational objectives.
- Facilitate achievement of operational plans and organisational projects
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with approved legal service providers (external lawyers)
- Qualified Lawyer with NSW Practicing Certificate
- Strong experience with the NSW Workers Compensation law and practice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please apply by following the link.
For more information, please contact Stuart Jeltsema via firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9641 2448.