- The chance to work for a fast-growing global leader within the entertainment and data space.
- End to end Finance manager role, being the go-to person, requiring a hands on approach.
- Great CBD location - $150k + Super
About the company
A global leader in live entertainment, technology, research and data analytics. Through an integrated operating model, they bring the best live content, ticketing and technology to their partners. They operate in Sydney, Australia and globally.
The Finance function is responsible for the consolidated group finances, internal and external reporting, taxation, payroll, centralised AP & AR and treasury management.
- Assist with the month-end reporting process, in accordance with the month-end timetable including posting & review of corporate costs.
- Accurate and timely preparation of monthly Board reporting pack, including profit & loss, balance sheet, cashflows, covenants and debt reporting.
- Analytical review of monthly results to identify and understand key variances and trends and communicate this to key stakeholders.
- Monthly review of ledger reconciliations and working papers.
- Maintain overall integrity of general ledger and other financial information.
- Assist with the annual audit of the group financial statements and preparation of the Group’s statutory accounts.
Financial Management & Decision Support
- Assist with reviewing and optimising cash flow & return on working capital on a weekly and long term basis.
- Liaise with key business areas to integrate financial processes into new company projects and initiatives eg Acquisition Integrations.
- Maintain commercial relationships as required across banking, insurance and general suppliers eg cash security.
- Ad hoc project and decision based management reporting to support business initiatives or Private Equity requests
- Assist with the Group’s income tax lodgement including R&D claim.
- Group payroll tax and workers compensation lodgements.
- Group BAS and IAS preparation and lodgements.
- Preparation of FBT information and liaising with advisors as appropriate.
System Support, Compliance and Corporate Governance
- Be a Finance 1 ‘Super User’ providing support to the broader finance team.
- Banking and systems administration.
- Ensure compliance in areas including; Trade Practices, Privacy, Occupational Health & Safety are adhered to.
- Ensure standards of corporate governance and business ethics are maintained.
- Research technical accounting and tax issues impacting the organisation as required.
- Keep abreast of relevant domestic & international developments as they relate to.
- Actively contribute to Finance team goals and KPIs to develop a high performance team through use of targeted goals & KPI’s and coaching & mentoring.
- Consider & recommend practices that optimise use of resources for the completion of the team’s KPI’s.
- Be involved in recruiting new staff as required.
- Performance manage as required.
Essential experience & skills
- CA / CPA / ACCA qualified, preferably big 4 trained.
- Minimum of two years' commercial experience post qualification.
- Prior demonstrated experience in budgeting/forecasting and internal management reporting.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and various departments within the company.
- High level of attention to detail, with cross-referencing for accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong work ethic and pro-active attitude.
- Have excellent time management skills.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills.
- Ability to embrace and drive change within the business.
- Prior experience working within Technology1 or another large ERP systems such as SAP/Oracle desirable but not essential.
- PR / Aus citizen.