|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||3 months ago|
The Procurement Specialist will provide leadership in contract procurement for major infrastructure projects within the agency directorate. Specifically, the Procurement Specialist will provide specialist advice and coordinate construction procurement process to ensure compliance with procedures and guidelines and functional, commercial and environmental objectives. In addition, the role will manage any procurement risks including commercial exposures and strive for continuous improvement in the contract procurement process while managing procurement / project teams as required.
- Ensure that the construction procurement strategy utilised for projects in each project office is consistent to deliver optimal value for money, taking into account the prevailing supplier market conditions and trends
- Provide support to project offices in developing project specific procurement strategies which integrate all phases of the project lifecycle
- Provide specialist input into the procurement phase for major contracts across the various upgrading projects within each project office
- Ensure that procurement processes are implemented for the procurement of major projects in a consistent manner and monitor project procurement with respect to time, cost, quality and scope requirements across project offices
- Provide technical support to project teams by facilitating the development and maintenance of standard documentation, standards and specifications for procurement.
- Support project teams by facilitating and providing technical advice in the development of standards as required and Identify any inconsistencies and ambiguities in model documents and procurement processes.
- Assist in tender evaluation processes wherever required and gather and share information, knowledge, best practice and lessons learnt to influence continuous improvement in procurement.
- Manage any procurement risk including packaging strategy, planning, drafting and reporting contract documentation to mitigate commercial exposure
- Take lead in the development, documentation and implementation of process improvements.
To be considered, you will have the following
- Experience in construction procurement, preferably as a client or for Government.
- Understanding of NSW Government procurement legislation and guidelines
- A record of achievement in leading a best practice project management approach for the procurement of complex infrastructure projects
- Experience working within or a good understanding of, a matrix management structure where support services are embedded within program office delivery teams.
Please submit your profile to firstname.lastname@example.org or click apply