|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||7 months ago|
- $55-60ph + super dependent on experience
- Government contract for initial 6-mth period with potential to extend
- Ashfield location
About the Company:
This new department will enable services to better work together to support everyone's right to access justice and other help for families, and promote early intervention and inclusion, with benefits for the whole community of NSW.
About the Role:
The Senior Finance Officer provides financial support to both the Housing Statewide Services and Customer Service Business Improvement units by delivering its assigned accountability within the clusters overall budgeting and financial reporting processes. The Senior Finance Officer plays a critical part in assisting both streams to achieve budget performance and compliance with policies, statutory requirements and external regulators. You will play a key role in supporting staff members in these business units to improve their budget management capabilities.
- Utilise appropriate systems and processes to review, maintain and manage accounting and financial information across both business units.
- Undertake monthly forecasting, month end journals, accruals for both business units and perform and manage cost recovery.
- Review budget performance and provide reporting and analysis to both business units.
- Undertake analysis and review of management reports to identify critical financial issues and risks in order to generate strategic insights for the business units.
- Provide high level expert advice to the business unit’s with the ability to liaise with key stakeholders on relevant financial matters.
- Design and implement processes for both business units to develop financial capabilities.
- Undertake processing of invoices ensuring timely payment to business vendors.
- Advanced Excel
- Must have SAP experience
- Excellent analytical and financial calculation skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and proactive problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work positively with a range stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously and be adaptable to an evolving work environment
If this sounds like you then please click 'apply' or send a copy of your updated cv and cover letter to email@example.com