Communications Support Officer
Local Government based just south of the city | 12-month contract | Part-time, .6 FTE | $35 - $38 per hour + super
- Local Government based just south of the city | 12-month, part-time contract
- You will be supporting the Communications Manager and wider Communications team.
- Flexible hybrid work arrangements are available but attendance in the office will be expected
About the company
A local Government based just south of the city are looking for a Communications Support Officer to join their communications team. You will be directly supporting the Communications Manager and wider communications team.This is a part-time role, working .6 FTE. This can be done across 3 full days of spread across the week. The organization operates on a flexible hybrid model, generally 3 days from home and 2 in the office. Travel into the office will be expected for this role.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Provide the communications and engagement team with financial, administrative and project support
- Maintain Council’s email newsletter databases, including overseeing the monthly news update
- Book and place online and offline advertising
- Provide external and internal general communications support as required
- Ensure that external contracts are maintained and reviewed as necessary
- Provide support to Manager Communications for meeting bookings and other administration tasks
- Support the project management of the councils News quarterly print publication
- Support the management of photo and video digital libraries
You will have the following:
- Relevant post-secondary qualifications in the areas of communications, public relations, publications and/or media
- Previous experience working in a communications team
- Effective communication and collaboration skills, with a proven ability to work in a team environment
- The ability to develop strong working relationships internally
- Knowledge of digital systems like Google Drive, Microsoft Office, and online databases such as Mailchimp
- Experience in using digital accounting systems
In return you will be rewarded with the opportunity to expand on your local government experience. You will be joining a supportive team in a great location; they are close to public transport. You will be awarded the opportunity to learn and develop with the team. They embrace flexibility and a diverse work force.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contributions to the workplace.