Senior Policy Officer
- Contract opportunities from 6 weeks to 12 months, with potential to extend
- Paying up to $100ph+ super
- Opportunity to work on really important and exciting Government initiatives
- Sydney CBD and Parramatta Location, offering hybrid and flexible working
About the company
With various focuses from NSW Government including policies to tackle climate change and a focus on infrastructure, as well as many other initiatives, I am looking to speak to Policy Officers who are looking for the next step in their career.
As a Policy Officer, you will support Government initiatives through the development and delivery of new and redeveloped policy and projects in order to successfully achieve Government outcomes.
You will develop policies, procedures, and process documents.
About the role
- Research, analyse and review complex policy issues, identify emerging issues, develop evidence-based options, and recommend solutions to resolve problems and mitigate risks.
- Update and ensure documents are current and compliant, reflective of current practices
- Provide expert policy advice and information to relevant stakeholders to facilitate the appropriate development and implementation of key reforms and support Agency and/or Government policy initiatives.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, facilitating their engagement in, and contribution to, the identification and development of policy solutions and to inform decision making.
- Engage with subject matter experts to seek input and facilitate review and discussion to seek confirmation of current documents
- Scope work involved to identify future opportunities for improvement
Skills & experience
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline and/or equivalent experience in NSW State Government
- Strong research and analysis skills and advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities within a high-pressure work environment
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholder groups
- Integrity and professionalism, sound judgment, discretion, and initiative.
With the anticipated recruitment coming up for the New Year, this is an expression of interest to talk with Policy officers looking for the next step in their career within NSW Government.
How to apply
Click APPLY or contact Lydia van Vliet on firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.