- Permanent Opportunity - Must be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia
- A chance to join a fast growing MSP to join their established Sydney team
- Role based in Sydney CBD
About the Company:
Working for an established, boutique MSP that provides outsourced support for clients across Australia.
You will be supported with growth and learning opportunities within an inclusive and diverse work environment, where you will be given challenging and important work that will have a real impact on the small to medium sized enterprises we work with.
About the Role:
This role offers flexible working options.
- Monitor, respond to and track incoming technical support ticket requests of clients that are managed by the business.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving across the clients IT infrastructure
- Support primary technologies, including Windows/Linux operating systems, intel server hardware, systems management tools, remote server management techniques, TCP/IP network components and services and Microsoft Active Directory
- Provide specialist support and advice in relation to virtualisation software (Hyper-V) and services, firewalls, cloud computing, network and telephony servers and storage.
- Ensure that the infrastructure is setup with best security practice
- Knowledge of frontend and backend user technologies
- This role requires one week training based at the Sydney office, accomodation will be provided
- 2 years experience Systems Engineer experience
- Strong knowledge of Azure based services
- High level of competency in the use of Hyper-V.
- Great understanding of Office 365
- An understanding of Windows Active Directory and related Windows Security
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to set priorities and follow direction to plan and organise.
- Ability to work autonomously and seek guidance when necessary
- Proof of vaccination certificate
- Flexible work
- Extensive professional development and learning opportunities
How you can Apply
Click APPLY or contact Megan via email email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills, and contributions to the workplace.