|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||about 2 months ago|
Global, luxury FMCG company on the lookout for a Commercial basis on a permanent basis.
The Commercial Analyst will be responsible for supporting the Business Planning & Controlling Team by providing both financial and commercial analysis to aid the communication and accuracy of business results.
This unique role has dual reporting lines to report into both the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager and Commercial Finance Manager and the being able to benefit from exposure to work and tasks across multiple finance disciplines.
The role will be the key seeker of data and information, possessing expert skills to navigate multiple systems, extract and manipulate data to ensure accuracy and timeliness of information made available.
A reporting genius combined with a passion for getting into the details to ensure accuracy and understanding of the financials will be key success factors for the role.
- Support fellow Commercial Analysts with month end terms review
- Provide pricing support to the Commercial Finance Manager during price negotiations
- Support with investment and promotional activity tracking
- Review of market data insights for inclusion into forecasting process
- Communicate sales results by channels with associated commentary to explain variances
- Completion of annual customer terms models
- Perform NKA and ALM promotional effectiveness analysis (FTT and BTL ROI analysis) and highlight risks, opportunities and trends
Sales Analysis & reporting
- Responsible for salesforce administration
- Weekly sales depletion loading and reporting
- Monthly sales account mapping to ensure accurate sales territory reporting
- Support sales team on boarding with systems training
Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Responsible for all forecasting and budget Topaz (Hyperion) loading
- Report on price, volume mix variances
- Channel and Mix profitability analysis and tracking of performance
- Review and support business to obtain sales channel forecasts (internal, HNWI and corporate sales)
- Complete stock in the trade reports
- Monthly reconciliation between core reporting systems
- Run all monthly P&Ls and support P&L review
- Completion of eBusiness Reporting to the group
- Completion of channel reporting to the group
- Completion of HNWI reporting to the group
- Support monthly business review slide generation
- Support monthly performance the group
- Be an active participant in the Finance community and the team by living the values of MHANZ
- Be a team player and provide continuous improvement to the deliverables of the Business Controlling Team
The ideal candidate:
- Education - University degree in Business / Commerce / Economics.
- CPA/CA Qualified preferable.
- Languages - Full English written and spoken proficiency
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant analytical experience
- Possess excellent analytical and interpretative skills
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- High level of commercial acumen
- Experience managing and mentoring other employees
- Utilisation of BI and reporting tools (preferably Hyperion, Qlik & Anaplan)
- Advanced MS Excel, including power query
- Comfortable working with ambiguity
- Able to solve complex problems
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build relationships
- Highly motivated - energetic, enthusiastic and with a positive attitude
- Good organizer and able to plan and prioritize effectively
- Solutions focused
- Self-directed and proactive
- Ability to work under pressure and to adhere strictly to deadlines