|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||10 months ago|
Commercial Analyst - Costing
- $90-100k + Superannuation
- Permanent role located in modern Mascot head office
- Commercially focused role analysing high volume costs of goods
About the Company
Established Australian FMCG business with a diverse 20 year history. Managing to find their niche and identify market needs, they have secured strong return and growth. With 100,000 product offerings and a large customer net, they are the name to go to in their sector, covering the entire nation. Annual turnover in excess of $1billion.
About the Role
This role is reporting to the Business Reporting & Analysis Manager, supporting key stakeholders across the wider FP&A team and Merchandising. Responsibilities and opportunities will include;
- Provide analysis and commentary on monthly performance.
- Deliver key insights and recommendations to senior stakeholders.
- Prepare monthly forecast for COGS & Merchandising.
- Yearly detailed build of COGS & Merchandising Annual Operating Plan.
- Financial modelling of COGS efficiencies and outcomes of vendor negotiations.
- Understanding of SKU rationalisation to reduce products and maximise profits.
- Provide finance support to Merchandising team.
- Work with BI team on reports to break down and utilise big data.
- Ad-hoc project and initiative analysis.
- Drive improvement in reporting, add value to the business and build new tools for analysis.
Skills & Experience
- Must be qualified (CA, CPA, CIMA)
- >2 years in a commercially focused analyst role – FMCG or Retail industry.
- Experience with all aspects of pricing and COGS, Vendor Rebates and Promotional Income.
- A logical approach to problem solving combined with the ability to conceptualize and think creatively.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to deliver complex quantitative information in an easily understood manner.
- Exposure to vast business partnering.
- Strong ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, must meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Attention to detail and accuracy. Analysing a very large data set.
- Highly ambitious and driven character.
- Thorough hands on knowledge in SAP, BPC, Tableau and Power BI preferred.
- Advanced Excel Modelling skills essential
- Permanent full time role – start ASAP. Newly created position.
- Mascot office (with parking available and public transport).
- Large company with a close-knit family feel, over 1500 employees.
- High performing, collaborative, process improvement driven finance and commercial teams.
- Career progression encouraged.
- Mentorship culture with commitment to help you achieve your best.