|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Salary:||$700 p/day + Super|
|Posted:||12 months ago|
- 5+ years' commercial experience in similar roles focusing on Database Administration
- strong skills working with architects and demonstrated ability in reviewing data requirements and designs to determine work in developing data migration / integration and successful mapping of identified data from SQL and Oracle database environments.
- Working in big data environments and experience with government systems and data management processes will be well regarded.
Data modelling and database design.
- The DBA must possess the ability to create an efficient physical database design from a logical data model and application specifications.
Metadata management and repository usage.
- The DBA, must be able to work with data requirements to determine collection, storage, management, and integration of data to enable the migration and or system integration through data mapping activities or supporting API requirements
Database schema creation and management.
- The DBA must be able to translate a data model or logical database design into an actual physical database implementation and to manage that database once it has been implemented. Successful support the creation of data mapping and library details in support of data integration
- Ensuring data integrity. DBAs must be able to design databases so that only accurate and appropriate data is entered and maintained.
SQL/Oracle code reviews and walk-throughs.
- The DBAs must possess in-depth SQL /Oracle knowledge so they can understand and review SQL/Oracle to support integration/migration requirements.
- The DBA must possess procedural skills to help design, debug, implement, and maintain data clean up.
ERP and business knowledge.
- For businesses doing enterprise resource planning (ERP) the DBA must understand the requirements of the application users and be able to administer the creation of databases that will support integration/migration requirements. Experience with ERP applications (SAP, PeopleSoft, EBS etc.).