|Posted:||about 1 year ago|
Independent financial services company is looking out for a solid Database administrator to join their engineering team
Great company culture, cutting edge projects and flexible environment
The purpose of the role is to maintain the database environment and ensure that projects deliverable are met in a consistent and timely manner
- Maintain the Database environment to ensure a consistent & reliable provision of service.
- Develop Database strategy and standards as well as implementing best practice Database architecture
- Contribute to Database solution design for new business projects
- Assisting with the integration of applications into the Database environment
- Manage the installation and configuration of database systems, patches and upgrades.
- Support development, testing and production databases
- Ensure project deliverables are met in a consistent and timely manner
- Ensure that support calls are resolved quickly and effectively, and system backups are maintained daily
- Ensure that security policies are implemented
- Ensure that customers are fully informed of changes from the Database environment.
- Provide technical guidance and support for Database Specialists
- First escalation point for technical issues
- Assist in third level support and liaise with the vendor management for resolution of problems.
- Providing technical planning advice to clients/business units in relation to their needs.
- Minimum 5 years of Database experience with large corporate databases, including 5 years of Database support and project work
- Minimum 5 years as a Database Administrator in a mission critical environment
- Understand ITIL standards and adhere to standard change, release and incident procedures
- A deep background and thorough understanding in the management of MS SQL Server DBMS;
- Technical knowledge and setup of the latest MS SQL Server technologies (e.g. Always On Technologies)
- A solid understanding and management in databases such as Postgres and Cassandra
- A solid background in the management of Oracle DBMS
- Excellent understanding of performance tuning
- Financial services industry is a +