|Posted:||24 days ago|
About the company:
You will be working for a government organisation and joining a passionate team. You will be working from their offices in Geelong but will be given the opportunity to work remotely on occasion too. You will be conducting assessments of requests under the Freedom of Information Act.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Ensure the efficient and consistent processing of Freedom of Information (FOI) requests
- Monitor all FOI requests and maintain statistics for internal and external use.
- Respond to subpoenas within the acceptable timeframe.
- Keep up to date and integrate as required any changes to relevant legislation, policies or work practices that may affect the management of an FOI request.
- Liaise with FOI applicants and/or their legal representatives to provide general advice and information on FOI legislation and/or in relation to release of specific documents and discuss extension of time limits if appropriate.
- Assist claims staff about the release of information and requesting medical records in the public and private sectors.
You will have the following:
- Experience working within a legislative framework and in formal knowledge management.
- Thorough working knowledge of the FOI Act or similar e.g. Child Protection Legislation etc
- Remains positive and responds to pressure and adversity in a calm manner.
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Exercise Judgement: Gathers appropriate information and makes recommendations based on evidence.
Flexible working environment and arrangements. You will be part of a supportive, well tenured, and passionate team. You will be awarded the opportunity to build a reputation in an established and well sought-after organisation.
If you are interested in this role please APPLY today.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contributions to the workplace.