|Location:||NSW - Regional|
|Posted:||3 months ago|
- Government role with an immediate start
- $55ph based in Kite St, Orange
- 3-month contract from start date (40hrs pw)
About the Company:
This growing government agency is based in the heart of Orange. They promote the management of sustainability within the community of NSW encouraging investment and competition.
About the Role:
My client is looking for a Financial Accountant to join their Orange office and assist by providing high level support to the analysis and delivery of financial reporting and review of Accounting policies.
- Support the Senior Financial Accountant to review relevant policies and procedures to ensure that they meet the needs of a constantly changing accounting environment and comply with relevant statutory and NSW Treasury requirements
- Prepare month-end reports for submission to NSW Treasury ensuring compliance with presentation formats and reporting deadlines
- Support the Senior Financial Accountant in the preparation of Statutory Financial Statements
- Undertake review and analysis of monthly operating statements, including taking corrective action arising from data integrity issues
- Facilitate the timely reconciliation of General Ledger accounts to assist in confirming the integrity of internal controls
- Support the preparation of annual accounts packages including preparation of work papers, reconciliation of accounts and respond to audit queries and NSW Treasury
- Provide sound advice and information to clients across the Department on diverse public sector accounting practices, policies and statutory requirements.
Coming from a government background you will be system savvy with the necessary skills to navigate a large ERP System such as SAP. You must have high levels of accuracy be kept up to date with accounting standards and treasury guidelines.
If this sounds like you, please send your updated cv through to firstname.lastname@example.org