|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||3 months ago|
- Leading financial services company
- Manage the strategic direction
- People management is key
An opportunity has come up in one of our Financial services clients to lead their entire engineering and testing function as they go into a phase of hyper modernisation across an already high performing stack. Leading a talented group of engineering managers with an overall team of 50+ engineers and testers,
You will be given the freedom and ability to determine technical and strategic direction for the entire unit, with a real emphasis on modernisation, automation and transformation across the entire stack. You’ll inherit a talented, dedicated and skilled team who are passionate about high performing products and clean, well-tested code.
Given the size and scope of the role, prior experience as an engineering manager, head of engineering/development, or even a more hands on CTO would be ideal.
The ideal Candidate has:
- 10+ years’ experience working in software engineering or testing
- At least 4-5 years as an engineering manager, head of engineering, or CTO
- A strong, current understanding of modern engineering and testing principles
- A drive and passion for automation, transformation and technology
- Some experience in fintech, payments or banking
- The ability to still get involved with code reviews and architecture when needed.
- A growth mindset and the ability to build a team as they scale and grow
My client understands that this role isn't about technical questions but more about mindset, enablement and driving the strategic direction, believing that senior management roles are best decided on through deep conversation, two way discussion and are based on value add for both parties.
If you’re interested in learning more about this role, applying or even just having a discussion about potential opportunities at this level, apply here, or send me Justin an email at email@example.com to schedule time for a call.