|Posted:||about 1 month ago|
ICT Infrastructure Engineer
Estimated start date – 01/07/2020
Based in Canberra (ACT)
Must be an Australian Citizen
Must have current negative vetting level 1 clearance
Purpose of the role The Infrastructure Engineer supports the Infrastructure Team Leader, in the day to day deployment and maintenance of computer infrastructure and web technologies within the Engineering, Infrastructure and Operations Section of the ICT Branch, including participating in section planning for short term tasks and contributing to strategic planning for longer term initiatives. The role is responsible for undertaking work that is moderately complex to complex and/or sensitive in nature, under limited direction, utilising expertise and knowledge in the area of infrastructure engineering.
Key position responsibilities
- Maintain and enforce security and integrity controls and establish and undertake preventive maintenance of backups and recovery procedures.
- Implement and administer system documentation, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Have responsibility for establishing and maintaining the processes, procedures and operational management associated with system security and disaster recovery planning.
- Troubleshoot and provide service support to diagnose, resolve and repair server-related hardware and software malfunctions, including in relation to workstations and communication infrastructure.
- Prepare and maintain documentation, policies and instructions, and record and detail operational procedures and system logs.
- Provide analysis of complex issues and contribute to the management, preparation and coordination of policy formulation and/or project management.
- Develop and support key internal and external relationships, including managing stakeholders to achieve work area and agency goals. In addition, represent the agency by promoting its interests in various forums.
- Provide accurate specialist advice, guidance and reporting on team functional responsibilities.
- Make and communicate decisions using good judgement, expertise and knowledge, governed by legislation, regulations, best practice principles or relevant operating instructions and procedures.
- Contribute to doctrine, election preparation and delivery activities in accordance with the election readiness framework, according to individual accountabilities and responsibilities.
- Perform additional duties or assume responsibility of functions as directed from time to time.
- Experience in planning, developing, installing, troubleshooting, maintaining and supporting an operating system and associated server hardware, software and databases ensuring optimum system integrity, security, backup and performance.
- Ability to troubleshoot and provide service support in diagnosing, resolving and repairing server-related hardware and software malfunctions, encompassing workstations and communication infrastructure.
- Experience in preparing and maintaining documentation, policies and instructions, and recording and detailing operational procedures and system logs.
- Knowledge and experience in successfully setting priorities and delivering quality results on time and on budget.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively whilst anticipating stakeholder needs and expectations across a geographically dispersed network.
- Proven analytical abilities with the ability to propose and facilitate change and contribute to business improvement strategies.
- Demonstrated personal integrity whilst achieving results within legislative and policy parameters.
- Applicants are required to consent to, undergo, obtain and maintain a character clearance.
- Applicants are required to consent to, undergo, obtain and maintain the security clearance required for this role.
A relevant bachelor’s degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification