|Location:||VIC - Melbourne|
|Posted:||6 months ago|
About the company:
You will be awarded the opportunity to work local government authority who value collaboration and integrity. This particular council are leaders in environmental sustainability and social justice. They promote a flexible working environment and innovative teams.
This is a full-time flexible position. You will have the opportunity and flexibility to plan your site visits, days from the office and home.
You will need a full driver license as some travel will be required.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for managing Councils Vegetation Protection, Environmental Significance and Heritage Overlays for all tree related matters.
- Making objective decisions on protected trees on private and public land in the urban environment
- Attend VCAT on behalf of council when applicable
- Develop and implement tree protection, including contributing to the review of policy, procedures and significant tree protection across the municipality
- Actively Promote tree protection during the planning permit process by attending team meetings and engaging with individual staff on their referrals
- Inspect Council street trees and make recommendations
- Use GIS / Data collection systems to create inspection records and work orders to maintain Councils’ tree population
- Develop procedures and assist with the delivery of risk management referrals
- Assist Coordinator Arboriculture Planning with the development and delivery of Arboriculture programs and customer service delivery as required
- Assist Coordinator Arboriculture Planning in policy development where required
- Other duties as directed
You will have the following:
- A tertiary qualification in Horticulture / Arboriculture (or related discipline) and relevant experience and/or lesser formal qualifications with substantial relevant experience in the Arboriculture industry
- A current Victorian Driver’s Licence
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in planning and managing arboriculture services
- Ideally experience working for a Local Government
- Excellent contract management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in ability to assess and write accurate and detailed tree reports
- Demonstrated experience in GIS / Data Collection systems to strategically manage tree population
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team that embraces continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated understanding of the occupational health and safety principles relating to work around trees in construction sites
In return you will be rewarded with the opportunity to expand on your local government experience. You will be awarded the opportunity to learn and develop with the team. They embrace flexibility and a diverse work force. Potential RDO’s.
If you are interested in this role please APPLY today.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contributions to the workplace