|Location:||WA - Regional|
|Posted:||about 1 month ago|
Listed construction business looking for a project period on an initial period of 12 months with possibility to go permanent.
The services arm of the business is currently looking for a Project Accountant to support the efficient and effective delivery of a new Joint Venture project.
Their Services business is a specialist maintenance and asset management contractor that provides services to the roads, water, telecommunications, power, industrial, remediation and renewable energy sectors. Services is responsible for creating, operating and maintaining public and private infrastructure which services millions of people every day and keeps communities connected and running.
As Project Accountant, you will create, drive and embed sound financial and commercial governance procedures within the Garli-Lendlease Services Joint Venture, which will drive business performance and ensure the project’s financial health.
You will analyse and understand the commercial constructs of the contract and partner with the business to provide quality and timely financial information. Tasks will include forecasting, claims and end of month processes (accruals/reconciliations/reporting) along with assisting in developing and maintaining reporting packages to support decision-making in the business.
- Support the efficient and effective delivery of the Garli-Lendlease Services JV contract.
- Create, drive and embed sound financial and commercial governance procedures within the Garli-Lendlease JV, which will drive business performance and ensure the project’s financial health.
- Analyse and understand the commercial construct of the contract, partnering with the project lead to provide quality information and enable good decision making.
- Is a direct cost to the project, as such will need to be on site much of the time.
REPORTING TO: Finance Manager
Commercial / Finance
- JV Reporting up and down stream in a contractual arrangement with multiple stakeholders. A high degree of transparency and reconciliations required.
- Accountability for financial deliverables of the JV. Provide insight to Contract Manager, so the Contract Manager can be accountable for project FIN forecast.
- Assists in education of non-Financial colleagues, particularly Garli.
- Manage the implementation of financial analysis and practices providing technical support and monitoring delivery in alignment with broader organisation vision and objectives, identify key business drivers and consider commercial implications, evaluating the commercial worth of, and conducting analysis to add value to the project.
- Administration of Project Bank Account.
- Reconciliation of advanced payment against end of month claim. Maintaining project forecasts.
- Maintain robust project financial ledgers. Create and maintain cost commitments ensuring timely and appropriate allocation.
- Identify financial risks and opportunities that may present through the project lifecycle, aiding appropriate prompt action.
- Processes accruals and payments as agreed with the Contract Manager & Finance Manager to ensure accurate end of month commitments in Jobpac.
Documentation, Systems, Processes
- Implement and maintain proper documentation, systems and processes to deliver efficient and effective project finances ensuring activities comply with legislative and statutory regulations.
- Use Jobpac and JAMS with cross checks.
- Contact point for site administrative operations, building relationships for efficient operating delivery.
- Establishes and maintains a harmonious client / customer relationship to assist project delivery and enhance client satisfaction.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Understands the importance of both a direct and dotted reporting line through to LLS Finance Manager and Contract Manager, respectively.
- Maintains a strong working relationship with stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Business or Finance desirable but not essential
- CA/CPA desirable
- Comprehensive experience in a similar role or financial administration role, and / or knowledge of the construction services / maintenance industries
- Experience using JobPac or a similar ERP/financial system
- Strong foundations in financial principles e.g. month-end, accruals etc.
- Advanced skills in MS Office Software (particularly MS Excel)