|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||5 months ago|
About the role
One of our government clients is seeking a Security Platform Engineer who will be responsible for the technical leadership, facilitation, analysis and design tasks required to design, implement and maintain information technology security solutions in conjunction with projects, business stakeholders and suppliers.
This role will work across multiple platforms and will provide IT security governance including alignment to strategy and business outcomes.
- Assist with design, assessment, implementation, and review of security information technology requirements ensuring technical to the broader IT Strategy.
- Provide oversight to all security activities identified by ICT. This includes, but is not limited to, facilitating the development of crisis management activities, working with the Audit team to test vulnerability through penetration and other testing methods.
- Partnering with other Business areas as needed.
- Undertake problem determination and root cause analysis for IT security impacting problems to ensure permanent corrective actions are implemented appropriately where required.
- Working with the business engagement team to understand and translate IT security requirements into technical designs and specifications
- Establish security roadmap and recommend solutions to advance security posture.
- Actively participate in projects as instructed and provide subject matter expertise to ensure successful project delivery.
- Pilot, drive implementation and Testing of technical implementations.
- Produce and maintain technical documentation for the ICT environment.
- Provide support and guidance to ICT teams to assist with their ongoing technical development.
- Monitor security status and alerts, respond as necessary and make recommendations to improve and implement system-wide changes to enhance overall system proficiency
- Create technical specifications and processes using structured analysis and data modelling techniques (e.g. activity diagrams, entity-relationship diagrams)
- Develop and maintain the IT Security Plan and associated Policies
- 5+ years’ relevant IT industry experience with at least 3 years in a highly technical IT Security role.
- 2+ years’ experience in a complex IT infrastructure environment incorporating IT security design, implementation and operations management.
- Recent implementations to address recent IT Security vulnerabilities
- Demonstrable experience in designing, piloting, assessing and implementing IT Security integrations, migrations and solutions.
- Have proven experience implementing an IT Security Action Plan following audit review. Familiar with current security concerns (server hardening, two factor authentication, SSL, VPN, PCI, etc.).
How to apply
To apply please send your most recently updated word document CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org