|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||18 days ago|
This national business is looking for an Inventory Accountant to assist the Head of Finance. This role is to start ASAP and will only need a telephone interview. You will be based in their North Sydney office in a fantastic location, with cafés, bars and restaurants on every corner.
This is a 3 month temporary assignment with the potential to lead to a longer term arrangement.
The Inventory Accountant is responsible for the following job duties listed:
- Analysis of inventory discrepancy reports with commentary and reasoning
- Investigate and reconcile discrepancies and reasoning for discrepancies (e.g. over/under supply)
- Root Cause analysis and attempt to improve processes to fix discrepancies of inventory
- Process inventory adjustments, transfer requests etc.
- Liaise with warehouse, suppliers and customers
- Provides weekly and monthly reports to management on inventory
- Generate month-end Stock Adjustment Journal Entries.
- Coordinates recall of stock if and when required
- Perform Cycle Count Audits and assist with stock take when required
- Perform other related finance duties as assigned by senior management when required
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A financial accounting or management accounting background
- Proven experience in cost and inventory accounting
- Hands on, eye for detail and deadline driven
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to deal with change
If this sounds like the ideal next step for you or would like more information then please apply through this advertisement or contact Sam Sweeney (Senior Consultant, Charterhouse Partnership) through firstname.lastname@example.org